ou know, I think its important to write on this site even if I've got little of interest to say. When I let it go too long it becomes even more stale than normal.
Rather than write some long-winded accounts of one little event in my life, I'll give you all a brief list of things that happened.
- the night of my party, when I was out buying chips and salsa, I realized the lady bagging groceries happened to be one of my former landlords (ladies?). This was a women who lied to my face, broke a contract and stole my deposit. This was also a woman who had done this to three other people that I now know of. I felt such a wave of anger and sadness seeing her (probably 50-60 years old) working at a grocery store that I wanted to avoid any eye contact and leave the store. Maybe she likes bagging groceries. Maybe I don't have to be angry about it any more.
- I saw Minority Report with my brother and his girlfriend. interesting film, but the most memorable scene involves Tom Cruise and his temporary blindness after an operation. He's hungry at some point and goes to get food out of the fridge. There are some foods in there that have gone REAL BAD and he very convincingly chows down and then ralphs. I hate... no, I **HATE** the idea of moldy food, or (dad's phrase) "blinky" milk. So this scene hit home for me.
- I hear lots of business horror stories lately. Mine has no such stories. I'm pretty thankful for that.
- My dad's birthday was tonight.
- My mom gave me a rocking chair. I carried it home in the miata. Pictures are soon to come.
- I ate lunch with two guys I know from very different arenas. And it went just fine. Maybe my worlds can collide without terrible catastrophes.
- I met Mothra at my parent's house. Film at eleven.
- Tomorrow is the funeral of a good friend's grandpa. I hate to see a friend so sad. I hate having no words to help.